Step into Wellness
The Nurture Healing Wellness Programs and Workshops are designed to help you optimize your wellness and support your body’s ability to heal.
Many of us face health challenges. Certainly, there are times that we need medications or treatments to control our symptoms, but what if we could do more to help ourselves feel better?
The good news is - we can!
A Nurture Healing Wellness Program may be right for you if you are struggling with:
- An illness such as diabetes, hypertension, heart disease, cancer, or an autoimmune illness.
- Persistent fatigue
- Inflammation in the body
- Frequent illnesses or colds
- Digestive problems
- Weight gain
- Chronic pain
- Food allergies, intolerances, or sensitivities
- Chronic Stress
- Or if you simply know that feeling better is possible and you want to learn how.
It is time to become empowered in your wellness.
There is no better day than today. In the Wellness Programs, we focus on techniques and skills that have been scientifically shown to decrease inflammation, support cellular renewal, and alter the biochemistry in the body to enhance recovery, health and vitality.
Let your doctor prescribe any necessary treatments while you become an active participant in your wellness by learning how to focus on important lifestyle factors that can dramatically improve your health.
We Can Accomplish Amazing Things Together.
The tools shared in the Nurture Healing Wellness Programs can help your body grow healthier. In the programs and workshops you can learn skills to help yourself:
- Feel better
- Have more energy
- Increase your vitality
- Use nutrition to support your health
- Improve your rate of healing and recovery
- Balance your metabolism
- Reach your ideal weight
- Boost your immune function
- Improve your digestion
- Reduce stress, pain, and inflammation
- Create healthy patterns and habits
- And gain more balance, levity, and joy in your life
Because Our Health Care System Isn’t Always Enough.
When faced with an illness or a health challenge, our current health care system offers many important treatments and medications. Certainly this is helpful and often necessary, but it can also lead to a sense of being stuck in a cycle of taking medications, partially suppressing symptoms, and creating side effects.
In standardized health care, the typical approach is to focus on illness. This illness based approach may be necessary in some conditions, but it is incomplete.
The Nurture Healing Wellness Programs help to provide you with what is missing: tools to empower you to enhance your own wellness.
Instead of just trying to get rid of an illness, it is time to also focus on wellness.
Once you begin to focus on wellness, it shifts everything.
When you focus on creating wellness, you find the conditions in your life that best serve healing, regeneration and renewal in the body. You become aware of all the ways you can contribute to the potential of health within your body and empowered to shift the way you live to align with greater health.
The Wellness Programs and Workshops focus on specific, realistic, and positive actions that can help you feel better through five pillars of wellness: mindfulness as medicine, food as medicine, relaxation as medicine, movement as medicine, and joy as medicine.
The Five Pillars of Wellness
Because feeling good is NOT just about luck, or genetics, or circumstances. What you do each and every day matters.
I really enjoyed the wellness training sessions.
Joanna has created an integrated, empowering course supported by extensive research and resources.
Dr. Garritano has provided me the means to realign myself so that I can get to a better state.
I can’t say enough about these classes.
Supporting your health and wellbeing takes commitment and a willingness to prioritize feeling better.
If you are ready and committed to your wellness, and you are looking for support that can help you make a significant impact; if you are ready to take charge of your healing process; if you are ready to have the peace of mind knowing that you are doing what is best for your body, mind and life; if you are tired of feeling helpless, overwhelmed, and dependent on others for relief of your symptoms; and if you are ready to feel better, to have more energy, more vitality, and more joy in your life, then join us!
These programs are not right for you if you just want a quick fix.
The truth is that for the majority of health problems we face today, there aren't any magic pills or one-step "fixes." Healing often require whole systems approaches where wellness is actively created and the root causes of illness are discovered and addressed.
Wellness is a practice - a way of life.
One thing we know for sure is that the body is incredibly resilient. It can change and heal and often recover when given the proper conditions. Wellness is not something done once and then checked off of a list. Wellness is about becoming educated, empowered, inspired, and ultimately, an active participant in creating your health. When you are committed to the practice of wellness in your life, you are giving yourself, and those you love, a true gift.
Bodies are designed to heal just like seeds are made to grow.
The tools shared in these programs can help you sow the seeds of wellness in your life and help to restore health in your body.
Though we cannot control everything that is (or isn't) going to happen in our bodies, we can certainly make a positive impact and tip the scales toward greater wellbeing. But we must first plant the seeds of wellness, give ourselves time to adjust, create habits that stick, and then allow wellness to grow over a period time.
Your body is not static. The body you have today is literally not the same body you had 6 months ago and it is going to be different 6 months from now. The over 38 trillion cells in the human body are constantly moving and changing, dying and being born anew. Every week, we replace the lining of our intestines. Every month, we shed and replace our entire skin. In just three months, we make a whole tank of fresh blood. Scientists estimate that every year we generate a mass of cells equal to our own body weight. The cells in our bodies are literally remade anew each and every day.
As you implement the tools in the Nurture Healing Wellness Programs, you are actually giving yourself the opportunity to grow a healthier body from the inside out.
The Nurture Healing Wellness Programs and Workshops can offer you tangible skills while giving you flexibility, guidance, and support.
The first step in achieving greater wellness is making a commitment to your wellbeing. Once you make a commitment, the seeds of health are planted and greater wellness can begin.
Developing greater wellness in your life doesn't have to be hard.
When you have the strategies, tools and support in place, you can implement changes in your life to gain greater wellbeing. The Wellness Program is offered as a 5-week training series and there are two possible ways to engage in the program:
- A weekly group program or
- Personalized one-on-one sessions.
Here is more about these two options...
1. The Nurture Healing Group Wellness Program: This is as a 5-week series of group workshops. Each weekly workshop is 90-minutes. These group sessions are a powerful and highly affordable way to receive wellness support guidance and accountability. Each week we will focus on incorporating one of the 5 Pillars of Wellness into your life. The following are included in the Wellness Program:
- Five 90-minute group sessions held over the course of 5-weeks.
- A Wellness Handbook
- A Weekly Wellness Alignment Tool
- Weekly audio recordings that summarize the learning and materials gained from each session.
The workshops are held at the Dayaalu Center on Bainbridge Island located at 159 Wyatt Way NE. The next workshop series begins Tuesday, August 1st 2017.
The 5-week workshop series is offered at $195 for the entire series.
If you prefer working one-on-one...
2. The Nurture Healing Personalized Wellness Program: You can receive highly individualized support and guidance by choosing to engage in the wellness program directly with Dr. Joanna Garritano in a series of personalized one-on-one appointments. Here is what you will receive in the personalized version of the Wellness Program:
- Five 60-minute appointments with Dr. Joanna Garritano who will serve as your personalized wellness guide. These appointments can be scheduled over a period of five to seven weeks. Appointments are held in a private office at the Dayaalu Center on Bainbridge Island on Tuesdays, Wednesdays, or Thursdays.
- Week 1 - Mindfulness as Medicine
- Week 2 - Joy as Medicine
- Week 3 - Food as Medicine
- Week 4 - Relaxation as Medicine
- Week 5 - Movement as Medicine
- A Wellness Handbook describing all 5 Pillars of Wellness
- A Weekly Wellness Alignment Tool
- A Food as Medicine Guidebook - with detailed information and recipes.
- A personalized food plan
- Weekly audio recordings that summarize the wellness tools discussed in each week's session.
This highly personalized program is offered at $895 for the entire program.
Also available are a special opportunities to focus on Food as Medicine:
*If you are unable to make a live workshop, program, or appointment… that shouldn't stop you from having the tools and strategies that can help you improve your health! The empowering information and skills used in the Nurture Healing Wellness Programs can be available to you online and delivered to you via email.
Visit the Wellness on Your Time section of the website for more information and online packages of wellness materials that you can use to help yourself feel better right away. There is a 12-week package that explores all 5 pillars of wellness, as well as a 4-week Food as Medicine package and a 4-week Protect the Body from Stress package.
Support your body. Enhance your health. Feel better.