We all have stress.
Stress is a part of life. But, numerous studies have shown that chronic stress can be incredibly damaging to the body. Unremitting or recurrent stress throws the entire nervous system in the body off balance and this leads to all sorts of health consequences - things like elevated blood pressure, increased inflammation, increased tendency to clot the blood, decreased healing capacity, disrupted metabolism and an unregulated immune system. This of course contributes to the development or the worsening of many diseases. In fact, the evidence suggests that stress is a contributing factor in the development or worsening of the majority of chronic illnesses - those chronic health problems that affect nearly half of the adult population in the United States!
So what do we do?
Are you ready for some good news?
It is possible to protect the body from the harmful effects of stress!
We can even enhance our health and recovery in the face life’s inevitable stressors.
How do we do that?
Rebalance the Nervous System
There are many things we can do to bring balance back into our nervous systems. Balance is important to enhance healing, recovery and renewal in the body. Rebalancing the autonomic nervous system typically involves turning down an overactive sympathetic stress response and turning up and underactive parasympathetic relaxation response.
Balance in the nervous system is a key to a healthy functioning body.
Once you understand the profound difference this balance can make in your health and wellness, you become empowered to take steps that can help your body heal.
In the Protect the Body from Stress Personalized Program, you receive practical tools that you can put into effect in your daily life to protect your body from the harmful effects of stress. These relaxation as medicine and mindfulness as medicine tools can make a dramatic difference in your wellbeing. Skills that rebalance the nervous system can enhance the body's capacity to heal in very tangible, measurable, and real ways such as: improving the immune system's ability to fight infections and tumor cells, decreasing the blood pressure and the stress load on the cardiovascular system, making the blood less likely to abnormally clot, decreasing inflammation, decreasing pain, improving neurotransmitter regulation, improving digestion, decreasing cortisol, decreasing oxidative stress on the body, improving neurogenesis and neuroplasticity, improving glucose regulation, increasing DNA stability, and improving cellular regeneration.
The Protect the Body from Stress Personalized Program includes:
- One 60-minute appointment with Dr. Garritano to learn specific biofeedback, relaxation, and nervous system balancing tools that promote wellness in the body. (Your appointment is ideally conducted in-person but it can be arranged via telephone.) This direct connection will provide you with empowering information and practical experience with relaxation and mindfulness tools.
- A printed and/or digital copy of the Wellness Handbook. This easy to read, user-friendly guide will provide you with a basic understanding of the five pillars of wellness.
- Following the appointment, you will be given support materials to further enhance your ability to use relaxation and mindfulness tools and a 4-week "Protect the Body From Stress Plan" supported with both audio and written materials. These materials will all be available to you by password only online access. The topics of these material include:
- Using Mindfulness as Medicine
- Reclaiming Energy
- Using Relaxation as Medicine
- Protecting the Body from Stress
- A Wellness Enhancing Guided Relaxation Audio Recording.
The cost for the program is $185. This includes the Wellness handbook, all online materials for the 4 weeks, and your personalized one-on-one appointment.