Learn how to use food to support healing, recovery and wellness in the body.
A Food as Medicine Personalized Session is ideal for those who are interested in learning how to maximize healing and wellness in the body using food. Using food to help the body can be especially helpful when faced with illnesses such as cancer, heart disease, diabetes, autoimmune diseases, arthritis, and problems with digestion. Those who struggle with inflammation, fatigue, pain, or problems with metabolism can learn how to most effectively use food to improve symptoms and promote greater health and wellness in the body.
In the Food as Medicine personalized sessions you will receive information on how to correct imbalances in the microbiome, boost healing with antioxidants, remove the foods that contribute to illness, and ensure that your body is receiving the nutrients that it needs to heal.
Return to simplicity, trust, balance, and joy around food.
During a Food as Medicine personalized session you will have the opportunity to learn about the foods that can help given your unique health situation. You will receive information about how to remove unsupportive, inflammatory, and non-nutritious foods that contribute to illness. At the same time you will learn how to effectively use nutrient dense, whole foods that support wellness. And most importantly, we will focus on making it realistic, doable, and fun.
Learn how to use foods to:
- Improve your metabolism.
- Reduce pain and inflammation.
- Gain more energy.
- Promote cellular regeneration.
- Balance the immune system.
- Reduce cravings, energy swings, and fatigue.
- Protect your body from many diseases.
- Give your body the building blocks it needs to heal.
Using food as medicine is about supplying the body with what it needs to generate health, wellness and vitality. And it is about reconnecting with the planet that sustains us all.
A Food as Medicine Personalized Session includes:
- A 60-minute appointment with Dr. Garritano where you will receive guidance and support around using food to promote wellness in your body. This direct connection will provide you with empowering information, allow you to ask questions, and help to inspire the momentum you need to create positive lifestyle changes around how to use food to help your body heal.
- A printed and digital copy of the Super Clean Food as Medicine Guide. This easy to read, user-friendly guide will provide you with important information, references, and recipes.
- Following the initial appointment, you will be given support materials to further enhance and reinforce your ability to make informed decisions around how to use food as medicine. You will receive follow-up materials (audio recordings and summaries) over the course of 4 weeks to help you integrate the information into the context of your life. The topics of the material include:
- How to Use Food as Medicine
- Boosting Healing with Antioxidants
- Feeding the Microbiome for Optimal Health
- Practical Tips for Healthy Eating
The cost for this empowering and informative personalized session is $150. This includes all materials and the appointment. Appointments are offered on Tuesdays and Thursdays at my office, located at the Dayaalu Center: 159 Wyatt Way, Bainbridge Island, WA 98110.
The Food as Medicine Program is also available as a monthly group workshop that includes a live demonstration of how to prepare a delicious superfood meal. Please visit the Food as Medicine Workshop under the “events” tab to learn more.