Learn how to use food to support healing, recovery and wellness in the body.
The Food as Medicine Personalized Program is ideal for those who are interested in learning how to maximize healing and wellness in the body using food. Using food to help the body can be especially helpful when faced with illnesses such as cancer, heart disease, diabetes, autoimmune diseases, arthritis, and problems with digestion. Those who struggle with inflammation, fatigue, pain, or problems with metabolism can learn how to most effectively use food to improve symptoms and promote greater health and wellness in the body.
In the Food as Medicine personalized program you will receive information on how to correct imbalances in the microbiome, boost healing with antioxidants, remove the foods that contribute to illness, and ensure that your body is receiving the nutrients that it needs to heal.
Return to simplicity, trust, balance, and joy around food.
During the Food as Medicine personalized sessions you will have the opportunity to learn about the foods that can help given your unique health situation. You will receive information about how to remove unsupportive, inflammatory, and non-nutritious foods that contribute to illness. At the same time you will learn how to effectively use nutrient dense, whole foods that support wellness. And most importantly, we will focus on making it realistic, doable, and fun.
Learn how to use foods to:
- Improve your metabolism.
- Reduce pain and inflammation.
- Gain more energy.
- Promote cellular regeneration.
- Balance the immune system.
- Reduce cravings, energy swings, and fatigue.
- Protect your body from many diseases.
- Give your body the building blocks it needs to heal.
Using food as medicine is about supplying the body with what it needs to generate health, wellness and vitality. And it is about reconnecting with the planet that sustains us all.
The Food as Medicine Personalized Program includes:
- One 90-minute initial appointment, and two follow-up 60-minute appointments with Dr. Garritano where you will receive guidance and support around using food to promote wellness in your body. This direct connection will provide you with empowering information, allow you to ask questions, and help to inspire the momentum you need to create positive lifestyle changes around how to use food to help your body heal.
- A printed and a digital copy of the Super Clean Food as Medicine Guide. This easy to read, user-friendly guide will provide you with important information, references, and recipes.
- Support materials to further enhance and reinforce your ability to make informed decisions around how to use food as medicine. You will receive follow-up materials (audio recordings and summaries) to help you integrate the information into the context of your life. The topics of the follow-up support material include:
- How to Use Food as Medicine
- Boosting Healing with Antioxidants
- Feeding the Microbiome for Optimal Health
- Practical Tips for Healthy Eating
The cost for this empowering and informative personalized program is $500. This includes all materials and the appointments. Appointments are offered on Tuesdays and Thursdays at the Dayaalu Center: 159 Wyatt Way, Bainbridge Island, WA 98110.
You can also learn how to use Food as Medicine in a group workshop. Workshops include a live demonstration of how to prepare a delicious superfood meal as well interactive samples and recipes. Please visit the Food as Medicine Workshop page to learn more.